We hope no harm ever comes to your treasured possessions, but it’s important that your items are insured, just in case you ever need to make a claim. Insuring your items protects them in the event of loss, theft or damage.
Having recently employed our own in-house valuer Rupert Huddy George Moss are very pleased to now be able to offer monthly jewellery and watch insurance valuation days to make sure that all your precious items are insured for the correct amount.
Rupert has been associated with the jewellery trade for over 38 years. Beginning his career studying Silversmithing and Allied Crafts at Sir John Cass College of Art, London, in 1976, he then worked in the family jewellery business for 25 years progressing to the manager. Rupert added to his extensive knowledge while working in the repair/replacement department of a large jewellery insurance provider for four years and then for the Guild of Valuers & Jewellers. Becoming an Independent Valuer early 2015 he continued to work as the Valuer for the Goldsmiths’ Hall in London, joining The George Moss Family in 2019.
A George Moss Insurance valuation will include:
- A detailed description of each item including stone measurements, colour and clarity of stones, metal types and weight
- Colour images of each piece
- Insurance replacement values
- Explanatory notes on terms and abbreviations
- An Insurer Notice to pass to your insurance company.
- All presented in a bound portfolio for you to take home.
- This is a chargeable service based on the number of items to be valued. Please contact us for more information. Check our upcoming events page for our next valuation date. Spaces are limited so book early to avoid disappointment
- Along with in-house valuation days Rupert can also offer a home valuation service in the comfort of your own surroundings.Please contact us for further information and pricing guidelines.
- If our valuation dates or home valuation days do not suit your needs please contact us and we would be happy to discuss our alternative courier service arrangements with you.
*Probate and other types of valuations available on request *
To find out when our next valuation is click here.